Apply for Nationality Certificate
Click here for Nationality Certificate Application Form
Eligibility requirements for obtaining South Sudan Nationality Certificate: In accordance with South Sudan Nationality Act 2011
A person born before or after this Act has entered into force shall be considered a South Sudanese National (by birth) if such person meets any of the following requirements:
(a) Any parents, grandparents or great-grandparents of such a person, or the male or female line, were born in South Sudan; or
(b) Such person belongs to one of the indigenous ethnic communities of South Sudan.
A person shall be considered a South Sudanese National by birth, if at the time of the coming into force of this Act:
(a) He or she has been domiciled in South Sudan since 1st January 1956; or
(b) If any of his or her parents or grandparents have been domiciled in South Sudan since 1st January 1956.
A person born after the commencement of this Act, shall be a South Sudanese National by birth if his or her father or mother was a South Sudanese National by birth or naturalization at the time of the birth of such a person.
A person who is or was first found in South Sudan as a deserted infant of unknown parents shall, until the contrary is proved, be deemed to be a South Sudanese National by birth.
Material requirements for obtaining South Sudan National Certificate: In accordance with South Sudan Nationality Regulations 2011
- Correctly completed and signed Nationality Certificate Application Form (Form 1A);
- Two (2) passport size photographs (45mm by 35mm wide),
- Birth Certificate or Assessment of Age Certificate,
- Copies or details of your previous identification documents if available, (ID or passport),
- Witness (witness must be a person who has first-hand knowledge of the identity of the applicant and must be a South Sudanese National in possession of Nationality Certificate, and should also be from the same tribe or a relative of the applicant,
- Written evidence of applicant’s Blood Group from a reputable medical facility,(Optional)
- Applicant must Apply in person, because on-spot photo will be taken, together with applicant’s finger-prints,
For new Nationality Certificate is $40 (forty US Dollars only),
For re-issue of lost or stolen National Certificate is $70 (seventy US Dollars only).
For follow-up or to request additional information, please call the Consular Office directly on: Tel: +1 202 293 7940 or E-mail: email@example.com